Named one of America's Star Libraries
Our Mission: Our mission
is to acquire, organize, maintain and make available books and other
materials that will provide information, education, and recreation
for all citizens of our community.
Empowering People Through Knowledge
The Library is open!
The Ligonier Public Library has moved to our
temporary location, 905 1/2 Lincolnway South, Ligonier, IN. This is
directly beside the Alco store. We will be in this different
location for about a year as renovation and expansion takes place at
the main building. You can still contact us at the same phone
number as before: 260-894-4511.
the community for more than one
hundred years, the Ligonier
Public Library is
to all people of the community and dedicated to
acquiring, organizing, and
providing access to materials for information, education and
entertainment; developing programs and services for all patrons;
providing a center for cultural heritage; making available
facilities and resources for community participation. It was one of
2,811 libraries that were built by Andrew Carnegie. The first
library in Noble County to be built, it was completed in 1908. The
library has experienced a gradual growth in both the book collection
and the number of patrons that
frequent it. Starting with 1,000 books, the collection has grown to
over 31,000 different items with
thousands of Evergreen Indiana
patrons being served. Although book borrowing is still
the major service,
other services have become available to patrons. Among these are
DVDs, CDs, interlibrary loans,
painting and print loans, and computer access. In 1975, a new
addition was added to the library which houses the adult fiction
section, community room, and office.
Read our Newsletter Online!
Read the Story of the Library Restricted Funds