The Ligonier Public Library was one of 2,811 libraries that were built by Andrew Carnegie. The first library in Noble County to be built, it was completed in 1908. The library has experienced a gradual growth in both the book collection and the number of patrons that frequent it. Starting with 1,000 books, the collection has grown to over 31,000 different items with thousands of Evergreen Indiana patrons being served. Although book borrowing is still the major service, other services have become available to patrons. Among these are DVDs, CDs, interlibrary loans, painting and print loans, and computer access. In 1975, a new addition was added to the library which houses the adult fiction section, community room, and office. In the fall of 2013, ground was broken for a new renovation and expansion project which increased the square footage to twice the space. The project was under undertaken by Kelty Tappy Design Inc., of Fort Wayne, IN. During the time of construction, the library was relocated to 905 1/2 Lincolnway S. Once the project was nearly completed the library returned to our main building and reopened April 13, 2015. The new addition includes new computer labs, a large community room with kitchen, a new fiction area, additional restrooms, a young adult area, patio, and staff office space.