Patrons receive their first Evergreen Indiana card at no cost.
Proper Identification must be presented to apply for an Evergreen Indiana library card. Recommended options for Proper Identification is one of the following, provided the item is a photo ID:
- valid Indiana Driver’s License
- valid Indiana State Identification
- valid U.S. or other Government issued Identification (e.g., passport, military identification, permanent resident card issued by Department of Homeland Security or Immigration Services)
- valid identification issued by another State (e.g., Driver’s License)
- valid current university or college identification (e.g., Student identification)
If the presented Proper Identification does not display a current address located within the library district, the applicant must also present one item from the Proof of Residency List to establish residency. The ID presented from the Proof of Residency List must include a current address:
- computer generated bank statement issued in applicant’s name within the last 30 days
- computer generated utility, credit card company, doctor or hospital bill, issued in applicant’s name within the last 30 days and containing address of residence
- Medicaid or Medicare benefit statement issued in the applicant’s name within the last 30 days
- Change-of-address confirmation from the United States Postal Service showing prior and current address of residence (a P.O. Box is not acceptable as a residence address)
- apartment lease signed within the last 30 days
- property tax receipt issued in applicant’s name
Non-resident card: If you live in an area without library service, you can obtain a non-resident library card good for 1 year. The 2022 fee for a non-resident library card is $51.00 per year.
DVD’s may circulate for 7 days. There is a limit of 10 per card. DVD’s have 1 renewal.
Most items have two renewals except for DVDs and Hotspots that have 1 renewal.
All materials are $0.25 per day per item. Services are blocked if you have 15 or more overdue items or $10.00 in fines/fees.
Pre-overdue notices will be e-mailed to patrons with valid email accounts three (3) days prior to the due date. Notices will also be emailed the day the item is due, 14 days and 28 days after the item is due. Overdue notices will be sent to patrons without an email account by U.S. Postal Service 14 days and 28 days after the item is due.
Forms of Payment: We accept cash or check only at the library. Fines and fees incurred on Evergreen, may be paid in person by cash or check, or online by credit card on an individual’s online Evergreen account.
Most items have a loan period of twenty-one (21) days. The exceptions are DVDs which are seven (7) days, Hotspots which are 7 days, and Art Prints which are three (3) months.
LOST MATERIAL INFORMATION:
A $10.00 per item nonrefundable processing fee will be charged for lost items in addition to item replacement costs and any applicable collection fees. The library will not issue refunds for lost items that have been paid for and later returned.
The library accepts donations. Books, cds, dvds, videos and supplies are among the items that may be donated to the library. Monetary contributions and real property are also greatly appreciated. The donor’s may contribute to a specific program or service. The library accepts memorial contributions.